Friday, April 10, 2009

Tony and Sharon return from rural outreach



Ministering as a Family on the Rural
Outreach

Tony and Sharon Jones

The rural outreach was about a
few things: Living a simple life, learning
about the culture and using our
initiative to do ministry.
As a family our goal was also
about surviving the whole time. As
long as the kids were thriving. I know
now that as a family we can pretty
much live through anything and with
the bare minimum. There were times
when I thought I had about as much
as I could take. The challenge was too
great, but some how with God’s
strength we continued on and it got
better again. Our team was great and
really stood behind us, even though
because of the children they didn’t get
as much peace as they might have
had at camp without them around.
As for ministry - I found that I
really enjoyed teaching the High
School students the HIV/AIDS awareness
training. God really showed me
that I really do have a gift in the area
of teaching. I didn’t enjoy the kids
ministry so much - the dramas and
cute songs were fun, but I find that I
want a more relational experience
then just performing. The home visits
were great and sharing the gospel is
really at my heart.
Pray for Given a young man that I
was able to share the gospel with.
Jeffery - was a young Deaf man that
came to the camp often our conversation
was challenging to me as we
didn’t understand each other, but after
visiting the Disabled school and
talking to his Deaf teacher I was encouraged
about Deaf ministry in the
future.

0 comments: